The Director of Marketing creates the strategic plan and executes the creation of Readex’s outbound marketing and product website along with providing Sales and customer support functions. The position calls for an experienced, innovative and versatile marketer with a practical understanding of digital marketing tactics and technology, brand strategy, content creation, email marketing, lead generation, and social media promotion. Collaborating closely with the Creative Services design team, and product teams, this position is responsible for every aspect of Readex Marketing. The Readex Director of Marketing also collaborates with Marketing staff across other divisions of the company. The position reports to the President of Readex.
The Readex Director of Marketing is responsible for:
- Generating high-quality sales leads from an array of innovative digital marketing campaigns
- Creating and delivering materials to expand market penetration
- Monitoring and measuring campaign effectiveness and continually evaluating and refining strategies
- Executing a range of marketing activities, including webinars and speaker events
- Managing and developing new website content and functionality
- Growing the reputation and visibility of the Readex brand, including through the skillful use of social media
- Generating marketing collateral for use at conferences
- Collaborating with the executive team in the development of Readex strategy
- Conceptualizing, writing and managing an extensive direct mail campaign schedule targeting academic librarians and faculty
- Writing clearly and succinctly for an academic market
- Providing outstanding sales rep support that results in increased sales
- Editing and publishing blog posts to support sales and generate website traffic
- Maintain an accurate record of marketing campaigns and tactics.
- BS or BA degree plus a minimum of 10 years’ B2B marketing experience, preferably in higher education, publishing or academic environments
- At least 5 years successful experience in demand generation
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform decisions and to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on strategic marketing goals
- Expertise in marketing automation and blogging software in order to generate traffic and convert website visitors into leads
- Proven skills and previous experience in copywriting, editing and social media
- Project management and organization skills, with ability to execute multiple, complex projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Google Analytics desirable
Readex is a leader in publishing many of the most widely used and comprehensive collections of primary source American history research materials in academic libraries. With over 80 years of tradition and experience, and as a division of NewsBank, Inc., Readex offers an expanding array of digital resources that offer unparalleled value to researchers, faculty, and students in American and world history and related fields.
Our authoritative products offer essential and wide-ranging primary source materials—including historical newspapers, government documents, books, pamphlets, periodicals and more—much of it exclusive to Readex in the marketplace. This unique content, along with our highly praised interfaces and technology, make Readex products premier research tools for our expanding list of academic library customers.
Our interviewing process is thorough, as it is our goal to ensure each candidate who joins Readex is a fit for our culture and finds the working experience successful in meeting their career goals. We hope you are the candidate who wants to make Readex the next step in their career.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans - VEVRAA Federal Contractor